Monday, August 11, 2008

Out of The Mouths of Babes

The boys both had good days at school today. Chad even had homework today! I was surprised. Carter didn't, so he pitched a fit when I announced MY homework for them...5 sentences about their day. Chad typed his, which I'll copy/paste just as he wrote it. Carter wanted to write his on paper and since his handwriting needs work I let him, so I'll type his out, as he wrote it.

Today was my first day of 3rd grade. I made friends. I liked lunch. I had homework . I did not like it. I like recess. ~Chad

My teacher's name is Mrs. Tredore. She is nice. I played with my frinds. We walked on the playground. ~Carter


Poem of The Day

A Different View of Earth written in September 1988 - I was 14

What are those creatures we see down there?
There are birds with motors flying through the air!
What are those tall things lit up so bright?
Those creatures are in there all day and night!
There are little hairy creatures running around in a box.
Do they belong to the big creatures? Oh, maybe not.
Hey look! There's wet stuff all over that sphere!
Why don't we have any wet stuff, my dear?
All we have are gases and carbon dioxide.
They don't have to wear masks to go outside!
Look! They have motors with big lights to ride in.
All we have are small wheels cause our ground is too thin.
Why don't we take our spaceships down there,
And make our life better and give those creatures a scare.

No comments: